Monday, January 14, 2013

Two Cheery Green Makeovers



How about a little spring green to chase those winter blues away?  After the holidays it's easy to feel a little blue.  The parties and excitement of the holidays are over and the winter seems to stretch on.  Here are two quick makeovers that are sure to have you singing for spring.


The first, is a little side table that I picked up at the thrift store. My initial thought was to paint the body white and re-stain the top. However, the little side table had other plans. 




It insisted on being painted a fun color, like apple green.  The color is so cheery and fun, that I couldn't bare to part with it.  Little Green now resides in my son's room. 

The second green makeover is of a little lamp that lost its way.



The silver lamp I already had and the shade I picked up from the thrift store for 49 cents.  The girl who checked me out put it in a bag with a sharp metal cross, that ended up slicing a large hole in it by the time I got home. (I took a picture of its "good" side.)



My original thought was to paint a design on the shade, but with the rip, ended up covering it instead.  A quick coat of spray paint for the base and this little lamp is lost no more.

This is the first chevron piece I made that I decided to keep for my own home.  Every time I see the green, it makes me smile. :-)

 
So, tell me, which colors lighten your spirit and brighten your day?
 
 



12 comments:

  1. Love the apple green. Such a bright and cheery color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really cute green makeovers- I love them both- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great green color!
    I love your side table, it made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both. That color is so awesome! Very cheery. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them, gret makvers and I really love the shade.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've convinced me. I was thinking about painting a piece I have green and this was icing on the cake. Thank you! Both of your makeovers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great little makeovers! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world! Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/01/make-it-pretty-monday-week-32.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green's my favorite color, so I'm loving these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these both turned out looking so pretty. This color of green is one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking at an old post of your powder rm. Is it still with the large floral valance? When I look at the pictures it makes the sm. bath window smaller with such a large valance. Might I suggest on the sides of the window just going over the window edges on the side 2 inches adding a solid color panels. It would give balance to the window making it appear larger , yet not taking away from the light coming in. the rm looks nice. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharla! It was so great meeting you at Haven. I enjoyed talking with you at dinner! Hope you have a safe trip home.

    -Erin @ DIY on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey rock star!

    It was awesome to meet you at Haven...meeting you was such a joy to me and I adore you and your blog! Always remember that you are truly amazing and such an inspiration to others.

    Happy day friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...