Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year!



I'm so happy to be back at blogging after taking an unexpected break.  The last couple of months have been CRAZY.  I have a tendency to say "YES" more than I say "NO".  As a result, I found my cart not only in FRONT of my horse, but careening down the hill while my horse munch on some grass by the side of the road.


I have managed to stop the cart and am working on getting the horse hitched up properly again.  After much soul searching, I have decided that my inspirational word for the New Year is the word "NO".  


No, I don't have to have a perfectly spotless home (a few dust bunnies and paw prints add character).  No, I don't have to bake cookies from scratch every time (that's what Pillsbury is for). 



No, I don't have to have perfectly coiffured hair everyday (Oh, the wonders of a pink baseball cap).  No, I don't have to volunteer for every committee, activity, or club that asks. 


No, I do not have to not post a project just because I forgot to take the "before" shot.

No, I don't have to be perfect. . .trying to be perfect all the time is perfectly boring.  I'm discovering that "good enough" may not be perfect, but it is just fine.

Here's hoping your Wednesday is "good enough"!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for your sweet comments on my entryway project over at Inspiration Cafe! I LOVE this post because saying NO is something I have difficulty with as well. Actually ALL of it resonated with me to some degree. I took a blogging break for a bit last year and it really helped me to step back and consider what my priorities were. Looking forward to following along and seeing how you do!!!
    xo Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and great project. It turned out wonderfully. Happy New Year!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your inspirational post which reminds us all of things we easily forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, No. One if my favorite words in the dictionary! I hope you have a wonderful 2013 and I'm very glad that you're back to blogging. Have a great day! ~ Jamie P.S. The desk looks amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you, Sharla. I have always suffered from the "Say yes syndrome" and perfectionism...it is a terrible disease. Welcome back- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Sharla! I've missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...