Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The "Out-Dated" Duckling


Once upon a time in an out-of-the-way thrift store, there lived an old coffee table that had seen better days.  Her previous owners had painted her white and transformed her into a padded bench.  At first, the old coffee table wasn't sure of her new look and purpose.  But as time went by she got use to being sat on day end and day out and resigned herself to being a bench for the rest of her life.

Then one day, her owners decided that they didn't want her anymore and sent her away.  The old coffee table was sad and wondered what ever would become of her?  After being shuffled here and there, she finally found refuge in an old second hand shop.

Day in and day out she waited in that dusty little shop, hoping for something to happen, for her luck to change.


  Then one day, it finally happened!  A kind lady spied the old coffee table in the corner of the shop and brought her home.  At first the old coffee table was scared, but the kind lady told her that she was going to make her beautiful.


First, the old coffee table got some new legs.  Next, she was painted a lovely turquoise color and then distressed.  Then the kind lady rubbed the old coffee table all over with a dark stain and when that dried, she was buffed up with a clear wax.  Finally, the old coffee table was given some fancy new "bling" to wear.


The old coffee table could hardly believe it!  She was no longer an "out-dated" duckling, but an "up-dated" swan!

Then, the kind lady took her to a special place where "up-dated" swans go to find new families.  And she lived happily ever after.  The End.

Here's hoping today is a "Fairy Tale" kind of day.
 
Happy Tuesday!



22 comments:

  1. OMG Sharla - that is just the most gorgeous thing ever!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That piece is seriously amazing! That color just takes it to a whole other level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sharla...I'm newest follower,and I put your blog on my sidebar,so I want miss any of your awesomeness!
    Speaking of awesome you sure turned the ugly duckling into a beautiful swan,wowser,this is sooo pretty,love the color choise and putting the legs give it the "high-up" status it deserves.

    congrats on winning the treats from The Checkered Apple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just looks so modern and adorable now. Such a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharla, I loved the story and the the wonderful color.WOW. May that table live another 30 years. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Simply amazing! You definitely have a talent for transforming the unloved into something wonderful. (Love the color, the legs and the bling.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, wehat a transformation. Just beautiful and I love it.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is just imply beautiful. YOu have done a great job!

    Ronnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky coffee table! I had to laugh when I saw her, though, because I have a similar one now on the third floor of my home serving as a coffee table in my daughter's TV area. Ours went through different colors, too, especially when one of my sons was in his black paint period. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. O my gosh! 3 BIG - HUGE THANK YOUS! For joining my site, for commenting on two of my posts. How nice you are!!!!

    This ugly duckling ain't no ugly duckling anymore... is a beautiful swan! "Owh these lovelies!!" (to quote Fanny Brice)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the legs!! How clever:)

    And I enjoyed your story telling,I love happy ending and this is absoltely happily ever after Cindrella story!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one amazing update! I love the color too.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the update on the coffee table!! Just found your blog, I'm your newest follower!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how I love a good fairy tale, and this one certainly is one of those. Doesn't it feel good to breathe new life into something that is ready for the trash heap? Great makeover and I'm so glad this little beauty went to a loving new home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great do..for that otherwise ummmmm....table.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - fabulous - you really transformed that piece!!!

    Everyone welcome to enter: ~Plush Velvet Pumpkins Giveaway ~ it’s perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never, ever think to add legs! Thanks for putting that in my thinker!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That table rocks! You have a gift of re-doing!! LOve it!! thanks for sharing!! XOXO Love, Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love happy ending to a story and love the imagination you use on this table.
    Really cute now.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky coffee table! She would be very happy in my home. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't stopped in in awhile and was happy I did! The story is so cute, every bit as cute as the coffee table turned swan!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope everything is fine. Miss seeing your posts!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...