Friday, October 5, 2012

It's easy as One, Two, Three!


Do you know what it's like to have a song stuck in your head that just won't go away no matter how hard you try to think of something else?

I must of had The Jackson Five's hit song, "ABC -  It's easy as one-two-three",  playing away in my brain when I discovered this little bureau at The Salvation Army.


I decided to strip the top and stain it a dark walnut. I remembered to take the "before" picture after I had already completed this step.  I then painted the rest of the bureau an antique white.  Next, I distress it and finished with a clear wax.  


I added the "One, Two, Three" by first, printing out the words from my computer.  Next, using carbon paper, I traced out the letters onto the drawers and then using a tiny brush filled them in with black acrylic craft paint.  Last, I lightly sanded over the words, then finished the drawers off with a clear wax.

The knobs were a shiny brass ReStore find that I sprayed with rubbed-oil bronze paint and then sealed with a clear poly-acrylic.

I'm happy to report that this little fella found a good home and that I NO LONGER have "It's easy as One, Two, Three" playing in my head. :-)

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
 




6 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute!! I love the extra effort to do the top walnut. It really adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Love the numbers :) Now the song is playing in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out just great. I love it!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so many lovely items...you have a great ability to create. I just became a follower, my sis, renae@simplesequins.com, found you, we are your newest fans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drab to FAB! Love the coloring on this chest Sharla!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...