Thursday, April 26, 2012

Magazine Copy Cat Challenge: Herbal Elixir

  
I'm so excited to be joining this month's Magazine Copy Cat Challenge at Debbiedoo's.  My inspiration comes from the Better Homes and Gardens June 2011 issue.  When I first heard about the challenge, I knew I wanted to be part of the fun and started looking through old issues of BHG for inspiration.  As soon as I saw this vignette by stylist, Matthew Mead, I knew I wanted to try it.


Here is my copy cat version.  The two tall bottles were a gift from a friend several years ago.  The coasters are made from a craft foam sheet.  I spray-painted a plastic lid for the lime dish.  The mirror turned chalkboard is a recent project that I will be posting about soon.  The blue pots were recycled from my garden.  I found the blue bottle at Goodwill for fifty cents.  The herbs were three dollars each and the lime cost me a quarter.  Grand total for this project about $10.


So here they are side by side.  Refreshing herbal elixir, anyone?


Linking up to these fine parties:



20 comments:

  1. WOWZA...great job girl. Better than the original. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the copy cat party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharla, I agree with Debbie...better than the original! Love your turquoise flower pots!

    Linking from Debbiedoos,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Love the blue pots. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like yours better too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks wonderful. Maybe you are destined to be the next Matthew Mead since you've clearly got a magic designing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks fabulous! Great copy cat project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job, almost better! Your cpy cat idea is so charming, I love it! Again, nice meeting you lovely lady.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job! It looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. O my gosh Sharla, that is amazing!!! And all for under $10!!! You are my girl!! I only have 13 hours left to try my hand at this challenge!! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I like your best! I think the wonderful blue of your pots just makes it! So, so pretty! I am really glad I saw this. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table looks so much better than the original!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love yours more! Cute and you got herbs! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome! I was about to say that I like yours a LOT better than the original.... Looks like everyone else does too!

    I invite you and your readers to come on over and add your link(s) to my very first lil' Blog Hop! :-)
    I look forward to seeing y'all there!
    ~Susie~
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-first-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really cool! Before I read the details, I thought the one on the left was the original.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous copycat, Sharla! You nailed this! I love your pots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If pressed to choose between the two of you I would climb on the fence. lol I like the hint of pink in his but then you have those turqoise pots and that tiny blue bottle. You did a very good copycat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic copy cat! and I agree with everyone else, I like yours best! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm a follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job with copy cat challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd say that's an awesome copycat! You did a great job! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it - better then the original:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...